Thursday, November 29, 2012

Best Idea for Adult, Sibling Christmas

     Wow, I am a terrible blogger!  It has been waaaayyy too long since I have been here, so I hope anybody will read this.  :)  I won't bore you with a long diatribe about my life...today...I will share that another day!  Today I want to talk about that hard business of Christmas gift exchanges with our siblings once we hit adulthood.
     My siblings and I have struggled with this for years.  We have gotten everyone presents and exchanged names in a variety of ways, but we have never been satisfied with the way it all goes.  Mostly because we all have everything we need already.  Last year, after more discussion over how to go about this sibling gift thing, I made a suggestion.  I suggested that we either adopt a family or go out together to get Angel Tree gifts as the way we celebrate with each other.  So this year, we are indeed adopting a family and the week of Christmas will gather to wrap all the presents and eat together and we are all SOOOO EXCITED! This finally feels right for us!
     So, my suggestion to any of you struggling with this same issue, find a way to serve someone else as a family this Christmas.  We have so much and there are others with so little!  If you decide to serve someone else this Christmas with your family, I would love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment