Monday, April 11, 2011

Extreme Couponing???

     I know these posts on coupons are everyone's favorites, so I decided today was a good day for another one!!  The new season of Extreme Couponing started last week and I know many people saw it and were intrigued.  I also watched it and liked some things and disliked some things.  Most of all, I was inspired to save even more than I already do.  I will never keep that much food to myself, if I begin to accumulate a great deal of free things you can bet my local Women's Shelter will be blessed.  There will be no purchases in our closets, bathrooms, under beds, garage, etc. 
    Anyway, Friday, I sat down to my website and made a shopping list, clipped my coupons, made a list of how much I would spend and strategized my trip.  This took me all of one hour.  I then went to the store to make my purchases. My Total?  $8.31!
Now the crazy part is, I came home disappointed with this trip.  Yes, disappointed.  I spent $8.31 on $80 worth of groceries and I was disappointed.  I asked Mike if I was sick...he said "Yes".  I only saved 89.7% and I was working for over 95%!  Somehow my calculations were off and I am working on that today!  So, Sunday, my mother asked me to come over and help her get her coupons organized and get her started on the shopping.  So we sat and put together a shopping trip and I was determined to get over 95%.  Mom's Total??  $1.27 for the items, $1.72 for tax, $2.99 out of pocket!!
   Yippie!  Woo Hoo!!  Totally crazy, but absolutely possible!  We took home $46 worth of groceries for $2.99, I have spent that on the milk alone!  My percentage saved?  97%!!  I have a new goal each week!
  Anyone can do this, it is not hard and worst case scenario, you will save only 50%.  I would love to show you how, it is not as hard as the show makes it seem.  Refer to my post: http://survivingthisazeconomy.blogspot.com/2011/04/coupon-sense.html for more information on how I do this.  Or, send me an email or a message on Facebook and I will tell you what you need to get started!

12 comments:

  1. Erin, yesterday I went to CVS and got EIGHT bottles of Nivea Body Wash, with a bonus of lip balms in each...for .88 cents per bottle!! Used the coupons and list from Coupon Sense to know to go there and get them! I want to have some of those Extreme Coupon shoppings trips...just have to get up the energy to go to the store to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo Mama!! I haven't even been to CVS yet...I have to go this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thats amazing, I am a mom from arizona too, I live in the east valley in chandler and I am interested how you are able to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can certainly teach you. Send me an email to erathier@gmail.com and we can talk about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok thanks, i already sent you an email. Please reply on your convenient time as I am really interested.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never did get an email from you. Can you try to send it again?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a mom who just relocated to the west valley for my husband's job. I have heard there is an organization, here it the Phoenix area, that you can get 3, 4, 5.. newspapers delivered to your home on Sunday morning for cheaper than what you'd pay in the store. Do you know anything about this or might you have a suggestion of who might be able to tell me more about this?
    Thanks so much & keep up the great savings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristy, I may be able to help you with that. Send me an email to erathier@gmail.com!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sent you an email, but never heard back from you??.... :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. For some reason, I am not getting emails from the blog, if you would like to send me an email, please send it to erathier@yahoo.com. I am very willing to help anyone do this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Erin I sent you an email. I'm interested in getting started. THANKS....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Erin, My husband and I are both college students so we have basically no money... I live in the Peoria area, and would LOVE to learn how to coupon... I NEED to learn! hahaha Thanks so much in advance!

    Tanisha

    ReplyDelete