Tuesday, April 19, 2011

For the Ladies!

     One of the things that makes me feel good everyday is doing my hair and makeup.  Even if I am just staying home, I feel like garbage if I do not "get ready" in the morning.  My problem is, I like fairly expensive make up and hair care products.  I love Clinique make up, which is not the priciest, but on my budget, somewhat unreasonable.  I also love Biolage shampoo and conditioner and cannot live without my $20 per ounce Bed Head Manipulator.  To buy each of these things every month would mean spending $60 a month just on beauty products.  That just is not possible right now.  However, I have found a way to have my products and feel satisfied each day.
     I buy my favorite products a few time of year, but I only use them when it matters to me most.  For the days I am just hanging out at home and taking the kids back and forth to school, I use less expensive, almost as good, products and I save the Clinique and Bed Head for times we are going to church, getting together with friends or family, date night, etc.  This certainly saves me hundreds each year, yet I do not feel deprived. 
     I recently tried Loreal True Match foundation (got it free with a coupon) and was pleasantly surprised.  It provides good coverage, a light feel and is just about as good as my Clinque.  I also use the Avon Smooth Minerals foundation on days when I need to be quick.  It also has great coverage and is about half the cost of more expensive mineral make ups.  So, there you have it, I get my favorite products when I really want to look and feel good, but only buy them a couple of times a year.  I think of it as how the pioneers had weekday clothes and a Sunday dress...I have weekday beauty products and then I have my "Sunday best".

 

No comments:

Post a Comment