Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Keeping My Color Beautiful

     One of the things I do to save money is color my own hair.  I know many of you will think this is crazy, but I have had a patch of grey hair right behind my bangs since I was 16.  Every year, there are more and more grey hairs and with my dark hair, they are not easily hidden.  I have gone to the salon and had my hair colored, but with job loss and all that goes with it, I had to quit doing that...unfortunately, the grey hair did not get the financial memo and keeps popping up, just about every four weeks.  Every month I go to Sally's Beauty Supply and pick up my bottle of Wella in Dark Golden Brown.  Luckily, I do like my hair one color, no highlights, so that makes this sacrifice a bit easier.  However, coloring my own hair only costs about $8.00 each time...that is a great deal cheaper than the salon.
     When I can afford it, I use an expensive color care shampoo from the Salon.  This usually costs about $13 per small bottle.  Recently, I was sent Tresemme Color Revitalize Shampoo and Conditioner to try and have been extremely pleased and quite surprised.  As a Bzz Agent, I received this great product as part of a Bzz Campaign to share my thoughts and coupons with you!

     It has been almost five weeks since I colored my hair and I can honestly say this is the first time I have not had any fading.  I only realized this because I have started to see a little grey at my roots where my regrowth is coming up, but the rest of my head still has a rich, full color.  Normally at this time, I am seeing roots and the rest of my head is fading drastically.  I can only credit the difference with Tresemme Color Revitalize.  I found the large bottles of this shampoo for $3.33 at Fry's and I had $1 off coupons, making each bottle $2.33.  Compare this with $20 for a big bottle of my salon shampoo and I would say that makes a great savings!  Tresemme Color Revitalize will now become a staple in my shower!!  If you would like to try it, I would be happy to send you a couple of coupons!   I highly recommend it to maintain your color.

No comments:

Post a Comment