Monday, June 27, 2011

Saving Money on Gas

     Hello friends!!  I have not been in the mood to save money the last couple of weeks...I know, sounds crazy.  But, it is true and it is hard to write blog about saving money when you do not want to save.  This morning, however, I woke up ready to get back to work for my family and you.  First thing I want to tell you about this week is for all my Arizona readers.
     Have you gotten as excited as me driving down the road and seeing those signs at the gas stations with lower numbers??  It is such an amazing thing to know that my $35 a week will now get me a little over 10 gallons of gas for the week instead of a little under!  I read something great by a woman who posted on the Coupon Sense message boards.  There was a discussion about the discount Fry's is offering right now, where you can use your fuel points to get up to $1.00 off per gallon at Fry's and Circle K gas stations.  This woman said that her and her husband drive to the gas station together, start their gas, fill up one car using the Fry's discount.  When that car is full, they do not hang the handle up, they move the first car and pull up the second car and continue the transaction by filling the second car up as well.  After both cars are full, they hang up the handle and finish the transaction.  Brilliant!!  Why couldn't I think of that?!
     For those of you who did not follow all of that, let me break it down.  You can only use your fuel points on one transaction, so if you hang the handle up and finish the transaction after just the first car, you only get the discount on that gas.  So let's say you have a $.50 discount per gallon and your car takes 20 gallons, you save $10.  However, if you fill up two cars in one transaction and they both take 20 gallons, you have just saved $20!  Woo Hoo!  Mike and I did this very thing this weekend.  Our savings were not so impressive, we just had a $.10 discount and only purchased 10 gallons each, but hey...that is still $2 savings.  I firmly believe surviving this economy is all about the little things and have have you seen what I can do at the grocery store with $2?
     If some of you have no idea what I am talking about in regards to the Fry's fuel discount, go to http://www.frysfood.com/in_store/fuel/Pages/default.aspx to read all about the fuel discount!  Happy Saving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment