Friday, April 13, 2012

Winco Has Come to Phoenix - Trip #1!

     Yippie, yahoo, woo hoo!!  Winco has come to Phoenix and so far it is off to a good start!  Today I decided to take a short trip to Winco, had a few coupons in hand and was ready to see if I could save some money!  If you watch Extreme Couponing on TLC, you know that a number of the people featured, shop at Winco and save a great deal of money, so I wanted to see if I could do it too!  Well, the trip would have been a total success if I did not have four children with me and if the store was not jam packed...however, I guess I suspected both of those things would happen before I went.  Despite it all, I was very pleased with the deals I found, check out the picture!


I bought 6 lbs of pork loin roast, 2 heads of lettuce, 2 heads of cauliflower, 10 cans of S&W Beans, 4 bags of chips, 2 loaves of bread, 3 big cups of noodles, 1 box of breakfast cookies, 1 Velveeta skillet dinner, 1 lb of herb and garlic deli turkey, 1 lb of sun dried tomato deli turkey, 6 large avacados, 2 tubes of Betty Crocker icing, 1 lb of smoked almonds, 2 lbs of strawberries, 6 lbs of grapes, 3 lbs of bananas, 4 lbs of tomatoes, 1 bunch of celery.

Grand total $41.58!  Price before coupons $56.58!

     Bottom line, with or without coupons, Winco has some great prices.  I am guessing some of the pricing was extra special because the store just opened, but you can bet I will be back!  A few things I wanted to point out for this week.  Bananas were $.28 per lb, avacados were $.24 each, grapes were $.98 per lb, lettuce was $.48 per head, the turkey was $3.98 per lb (and I sampled it first).  Tomatoes were $.38 per lb and the bread was $.98 per loaf.  Tomorrow I will post a few things that will be helpful for your first shopping trip, but I couldn't wait to share this trip!

1 comment:

  1. Nice! We have a Winco out here too. It is ALWAYS jam-packed and the prices are ALWAYS great. I'll take the crowds just to get those prices.

    ReplyDelete