Thursday, April 5, 2012

Easter!

     We are four days away from my favorite holiday and I am wondering where you all will be on Easter Sunday!  I thought this would be a great opportunity to post about my favorite place to be right now.  New Life Community Church is our church and we love it!  I know, I know, some of you are not regular church goers, but hear me out.
     I am completely honest when I say church is my favorite place to be and I feel this way for many reasons.  First and foremost is because I love God with all my heart and in the Bible, He tells us we should spend time with other believers, Hebrews 10:25  Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.  I am so glad He tells us to meet together and not because I think the church is perfect, but because when we meet together with the common goal of teaching, learning, praying, serving, and worshiping God,  His presence and love is evident.
     Attending church gives my family a place to celebrate all God has done for us the previous week and share His love with everyone we encounter.  Church is a place where I can spend time with God, thinking about all the times this week I did not honor Him and then feel the power of His love and forgiveness before I start the new week.  At church we meet a variety of people, experience great music, hear amazing stories, laugh, cry and just share life.
     A long time ago, God saw our need for a Savior and decided to come to this earth and live amongst us.  As Jesus lived, healed and taught, lives were changed.  When Jesus hung on the cross for the sins of all who will accept His free gift, life was changed forever.  As we get ready to celebrate the day Jesus resurrected from the dead, I hope you experience God's love and forgiveness as you never have.  I hope you not only enjoy Easter baskets, egg hunts and family gatherings, but I hope you make time to gather with others to celebrate Jesus and His gift of forgiveness and salvation. 
     This weekend, New Life Community Church, on 83rd and Thunderbird, will have four services to celebrate the resurrection of Christ and if you do not have anywhere to go, I hope you will join us this weekend.  The teaching will be impacting, the worship moving and the love overwhelming!  Oh...and it will not cost a thing...what a great way to Thrive in this Az Economy!   Mike and I will be attending 9:45 a.m.  Send me an email if you would like to join us!


Saturday, April 7th @ 4:30pm
Sunday, April 8th @ 8:15, 9:45 & 11:15 am.

Video Cafe will meet Sunday at the 9:45 & 11:15 service and Student Ministries (Grades 6-12) will meet during all 3 Sunday services and there will be something for all kids!

If you do not know much about Jesus and the gift God gave to us and you would like to know more, or if life is just too much right now and you need someone to pray with and for you,  please send me an email.  I will be happy to share with you all God has done in my life and how you can have His peace, love and forgiveness as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment