Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Are You Using E-Coupons??

     One of my favorite ways to save money is on groceries and household supplies.  We do not have a choice in buying many of those necessities and it kills me to spend half my income on these things.  There are some great strategies for saving money in these areas and I will dive into them the last week of this month.  However, there is one easy thing you can do to start saving the next time you go to the grocery store.
     Have you thought much about those shopper cards you use at the store?  We think they are just a way to get the special price the store has listed, but there are other benefits.  The store keeps track of how much you spend and did you know that once you spend a certain amount of money at, let's say, Safeway, you are mailed coupons for items you regularly use and like items?  I have gotten little packs of coupons from both Safeway and Frys that always have one or two free items in them!  What a great little surprise in the mail!!
     The third way those shopper cards can save you money is with e-coupons.  I know for sure that both Safeway and Frys (Kroger) have e-coupons on their websites.  You simply log in with your card number and look for the digital coupons.  With the simple click of your mouse, you can add coupons to your card.  When you shop, the coupons just come right off!!  During my last shopping trip to Frys, my e-coupons saved me $7.00.  Can you think of something to do with $7.00?  Dairy Queen treats for Mike and I after the kids are in bed sound good to me! 
     Your money saving mission today?  Get those shopper cards out and make sure your mailing and email address is updated, and load some e-coupons to your card.  Tomorrow I will share with you some other e-coupon websites for even more savings!!  Let's spend less on necessities so we can spend more on the fun stuff!!

1 comment:

  1. I love Fry's and we do all of our shopping there. I had no idea about e-coupons. Thanks Erin for the great tip!!

    ReplyDelete