Friday, March 25, 2011

Front Page News

     "Ariz. food prices to take bigger bite out of wallet".  This was the second story on the front page of the Arizona Republic on Tuesday this week.  The article stated we are going to see an increase in grocery prices due to fuel hikes and damage to crops all over the world this year.  Increases could be as much as 6% which is higher than we have seen in almost 20 years.  Yikes...as if gas prices are not enough to worry about.
     Reading this article this week just made me smile.  I know that grocery prices are nothing I have to worry about because I have a grocery strategy that works every time.  As I have mentioned in previous posts, I subscribe to a website called CouponSense.  Yes, I pay for this subscription monthly and yes, it takes a little bit of time, but I LOVE IT!  I continue to see my cabinets and freezer full and my monthly grocery bill lower than ever before.  For example, here is a picture from my last shopping trip to Fry's, I spent, $20.74 and saved $102.32.


     I brought home, three small bags of dog food, 1 bag of huggies, 2 jugs of milk, 3 peanut butter, 3 cooking oil, 12 boxes of pasta, 2 packages of kraft singles, 6 powerades, 1 philadelphia cream cheese cooking cream and 1 box of Yakisoba noodles.  I shop with a strategy that sends me home with 12 boxes of pasta for free...yes, for free, so I do  not need to buy them ever...because about the time I am out, they will be on sale again and I will have coupons!  What are some other things I have not paid for in the last year, toothpaste, margarine or butter, many household cleaners, body wash, deodorant, various rice boxes, gum and many others.  I went from spending about $700 a month on groceries and household supplies each month, to spending around $300 (this is everything for a family of five).  This total also includes my CouponSense subscription price.
     I have been a member of CouponSense for about three years, I have used it alot, I have used it a little, but have always saved money.  I have recently decided to become a CouponSense Instructor.  I love it so much, I want to teach everyone how to take control of this one area of family life.  I am having my first workshop on April 3rd at 2:30 p.m.  If you are interested in learning and are available, I hope you will email me so I can give you directions.  I will also be available to come to you and teach you.  If you have 1 friend or 10 friends that you think would also like to learn, you can invite them over and I will come teach you all, send me an email and we can pick a date!  If you do not live in the Phoenix area, please send me an email and we can talk about how you can get started as well.  A 6% increase in food costs does not have to affect you, the same way it will not affect me!

2 comments:

  1. I want to learn Erin. We will need to set up a day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, I will send you an email and we will get a day set up!

    ReplyDelete